Thursday, November 09, 2006

About Friendship

“The Bible on friendship”

1) Friendship is a gift from God. “It is not good for man to be alone” Gen 2:18,NIV

2) Real friendship involves loyalty. “A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.” (Prov. 17:17)

3) Choose friends who love the Lord and have pure hearts. “Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Follow anything that makes you want to do right. Pursue faith and love and peace, and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the name of the Lord with pure hearts.” (2nd Timothy 2:22)

4) What characteristics make you a good friend? “Don’t be selfish; don’t live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don’t think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing.” (Phil. 2:3-4)

5) Gossip can destroy friendship. “A gossip separates close friends.” (Proverbs 27:9)

6) Friends are worth keeping. “Never abandon a friend—either yours or your father’s. Then you won’t need to go to a distant relative for help in your time of need.” (Prov 27:9- 10.)

7) A friend cares enough to be honest with you even if it hurts. “Wounds from a friend are better than many kisses from a enemy." Proverbs 27:6.

Good advice is hard to come by!

He who chooses the beginning of a road chooses the place it leads to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Daddy,

You have no idea how much I needed to read your blog tonight. The devil has a cunning way of putting thoughts into my head about friends and who I should trust. I got my feelings hurt over something that really wasn't worth it. I know that the devil was standing over my shoulder smiling. But a good friend helped me see that a true friend is always true. She helped see that the devil only wants to destroy Christain friendships and I was well on my way to letting him.

I love you daddy!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home