Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Father pleasing positions

Good afternoon world. I hope all is going well in what ever position you are located in.
Yesterday my day started out getting up at 3 oclock in the morning. I had to take my trawler down the coast, fifteen hours, to a railway to get it hauled out for paint and general mantanience. It was a beaftiful day and the weather was just right to make the trip.
As soon as we left the dock and got out in the sound, everybody else went back to bed. The only person left awake for eight hours was me, myself, and I, and of course, The Holy Spirit was on the scene speaking to my heart.
My 15 year grand son, Ryan was with us. It was his first trip to sea. At one time we were about 20 miles offshore. He got up after a long nap and I let him drive for several hours. It was a great experience for him. He told me he was glad that I had let him go and he felt like he was in just the right spot. He was and so was I.
Here is a short message that was on my mine yesterday as we traveled out on God's great big ocean. I believe we were in a "Father Pleasing Position."
‘FATHER PLEASING POSITIONS’

As I sit and think and read,
I wonder about mans need.

I can see from where he came,
I can see how he is the blame.

Blame for what you will say,
And then I bowed my head to pray,

Father, thank You for Your Holy Word,
Thank You for life and love,
Thank You for Heavenly blessings,

Thank You for different ways to see,
Thank You that one day I will be,
Just what You promised to me,

Thank You for the strength that I receive,
Whenever my lungs open to breath,

Thank You for the wind of Your Holy Spirit
That opens my heart so I can hear it,

I thank You that You are in my heart,
Thank You Father for a brand new start.

I know that we are made in Your image and that we must be in the right position to receive Your blessings. My inner most feelings are love and honor for You, thank You for Christ the Lord who suffered for the sins of all human creatures, bless these words this day, Father and lead us to the place where we can be in the right position.

Set us on the right course
Amen
GENESIS 2: 4-6,
(4) These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and heaven, (5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: For the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. (6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
As I type the letters onto this page I feel a fresh feeling inside. It may be because I can in a way, smell the moisture from the rising mist that is coming up from the earth that God has created. If I look deeper in to the Word I can even see the trees blowing gentle in the light breeze of creation. Wow, it must have been a sight to “BEHOLD.” No decay, no hate, no death, no pain, only a place for love to grow and grow. I can even see the birds of the air and the fish swimming and jumping without anything in the way to bother them. I can see the greenery of the beautiful background. Now I can even feel the dampness from the mist on the back of my neck.
Ok, Ok, I’ll come back; it just seemed so nice and peaceful dreaming in the mist of God’s creation.
I have learned that Bible reading can be very confusing. I think sometimes that what I’m reading at that particular time, maybe I’m supposed to be reading someplace else because I’m not ready or possibly not in the right position spiritually to see what I’m supposed to be seeing.
That’s one way I think God lets different people see things in different ways. Life would be sort of stale if we all saw things the same way. Nothing new would ever be learned and so forth.
I believe things must be in place before God will act. The Bible tells us that at the beginning of creation, God had not caused it to rain upon the earth. This however, does not mean that the earth was without water. It plainly tells us that up to this time, God had caused a mist to come up from the earth to give moisture to the earth He had made. There had been no downpour, however, from the heavenlies
Why? Because there was not a man to till the ground. There are some things that God has planned to do, has made provision for doing, and desires to do that He will not do until man is in place to receive what God intends to give.
The blessing is there—in the Father’s safekeeping. The need is there—insistent, resistant, persistent in its pain and suffering. But the blessing won’t be applied to the need until man’s heart is in a position for God to act according to his own laws of love, redemption, healing and deliverance.
There are some things that God has in the heavenlies that will not be released to you until you are in the proper position spiritually, relationally, and emotionally. Oh, we may be experiencing a “Mist”—but in your spirit, you have a restlessness that there must be something more. You have an inner knowing that you aren’t fully where you ought to be. You have an uneasiness, a frustration that causes you to say, “Why am I no further than this in my life? It’s not a negative frustration but just enough to keep you yearning for learning.
When you are in alignment with God and His purposes, He will open up the heavens and cause it to rain on you! When everything is lined up just right you’ll experience an outpouring of God’s blessings.
So now we must shift from the page of creation to where our Savior is getting into a wet blessed position.
MATTHEW 3: 13-17
(13) Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. (JESUS IS GETTING INTO THE RIGHT POSITION) (14) But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee. (15) And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now; for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him. (16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him. (17) And lo a voice from heaven saying: This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Thank God for the right position).

When Jesus stepped down into the Jordan River to be baptized by John the Baptist, He stepped into the right position for the fullness of God’s purpose for His life. Jesus’ step into the Jordan waters was symbolic of His perpetual death and resurrection.
Have you ever stopped to think that by the time Jesus stepped into the waters of the Jordan River that day, they were teeming with the sins of mankind? John the Baptist had baptized countless people in the Jordan, their sins figuratively passing from them to the sea of God’s forgiveness, just as the waters of Jordan River end up in the Dead Sea.
From the shores of spiritual blindness one might think, “How awful! Jesus was wading into sin.” Jesus was doing so, however, to fulfill the purpose of God—redemption from sin. Jesus was exactly in the right position, where God wanted Him to be, doing precisely what God wanted him to do.
As Jesus stood in the very place God desired for Him to stand, God opened up the heavens, the Spirit of God descended upon Him, and voice spoke from heaven saying, “This in My Son. This in my seed, My Son, who pleases Me!”
Don’t expect God to speak up for you—or to cause others to see you for who you really are—until you are willing to step into the place where God has called you to be. When you step into that place where you are supposed to be, you don’t have to speak up for yourself, fight for yourself, or demand anything of others. God will speak for you. He’ll command whatever forces are involved to yield to you, give to you, honor you, listen to you, obey you,
Don’t expect God to open up the heavens and pour His Spirit of power and truth and wisdom and righteousness onto your life unless you are where you are supposed to be. When you step into the place God has destined for you, you won’t have to take on your on battles, grope about for the right decisions, wonder if something is right or wrong. God will give you every ability you need. He’ll put into your path what you need to have. And you won’t have any doubt that it’s God who is providing for you or working in you.

To please God we must obey Him, even if it means wading into someone else’s muddy water.

Go only where God calls you to go. Once there, do only what He commands you to do. You will be in a ‘FATHER PLEASING POSITION”


Robert N. Graves Sr. Fisherman for Christ.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed a good sermon. Thanks for the special words. It's always uplifting to read your messages, but most rewarding to hear you in person present the gospel in such a unique way! Keep on working for the Lord! Just keep focused. I will always have a song in my heart. Your Best Friend, W.K.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Great post daddy! Love you!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home