Saturday, July 08, 2006

A prayer for a special son

A PRAYER FOR A SPECIAL SON

Tonight dear Lord, I ask in your name
Touch my son and let him not remain the same.

His life is so fragile, like eggs in a crate,
Please Show him your light before it’s to late.

Please reach out and touch him right in his heart
Give him strength in his weakness and set him apart.

He is such a good man, to this I confess,
I ask in Your name, his life, please bless.

He has lost so much and it’s such a shame,
Truth being revealed, no one’s to blame.

I searched and asked, and spoken and prayed,
I can’t yet figure out why this one has strayed.

I just know that I love him and you know it’s true,
I love him so deeply but not as much as you.

So because he is you child and you are the dad,
Just open his eyes, and don’t let him grow sad.

Comfort him when he is troubled; help him see when he is blind.
Fill his heart with love and give him Your peace of mind.

Let sin be his enemy, let the Holy Spirit be his friend.
Give him spiritual power that comes from within!

I say this prayer to Him whose kingdom is high above.
I say this prayer for him that God knows I love.

Strengthen him, Lord to overcome the things that he cannot change
Fill his heart with loving compassion that is without limit or range.

I thank you now my Father and it’s in Your name I pray
Let this prayer be heard before You as we start a new day.

Amen

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Amen Daddy!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Amen again daddy!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Angie is certainly a lucky girl to have such a GREAT dad! You are an amazing writer...thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Man, you surely know how to make a girl cry early in the morning! I second every word you speak! I tried to hold back my tears but they came streaming out anyways! I think I needed that small meltdown today. (I still say we derail that "long black train" that Bernie's on! I know, I know! Step aside and let God go to work.)
Luv ya Pops!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home