Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I've Got Plenty of Time!!

I’ve got plenty of time!!!!

I found out the out the other day, a old friend of mine had died…He died in a horrible automobile accident…He took with him that day, another man and the man’s little girl was damaged for the rest of her life…Although she is still alive, she is permanently damaged in several ways…Her body is always going to be deformed because of the physical trauma that she got from the accident…Next she will always remember that day and what happened…She saw the blood of her daddy and the blood and body parts of the driver, who was my friend, laying on the ground around the accident…She has emotional damage that she has to live with…I pray that she finds, peace and release from this accident…

Now, the reason I want to write this and put it out into the world is because of the words that the driver, my old friend, said to me a few days before he went to his death…

He had not long been out of prison and because of the death of his parents and the sale of their old home sight…He had somewhere around three hundred thousand dollars…He had bought a truck, a boat, a store an Harley motor cycle and much beer and drugs…He was living it up…

Some how I had ended up with his Bible…I had picked it up from a pile of trash at his parents house when I was helping him move some of his stuff…I had called him several times and tried to get up with him as to give him his Bible back…It was and still is an old King James Version…It is his family Bible…In it, was the name of his parents and several other family members…But each time I called him, trying to get him to come get this Holy Bible, his remark was, “I’ve got plenty of time…” I’ll get it later…” He said, he didn’t have time, he was to busy, he was going to a party…He had a date with some woman…”I’ve got plenty of time, nothing is going to happen to me.”

I tried to get him to church, to Sunday school, to church functions but he didn’t have time for that kind of stuff… He told me once that he didn’t like some of those old people at the church because of one reason or the other…He always had and excuse…I don’t know what his excuse was for the wreck that day, but there was enough beer cans in the back of his truck to fill up several trash cans, and he had some crack cocaine in his pocket…He had time for all that but never found the time to come get his Bible…I wonder if God had time to send some angel to the wreck site that afternoon to take his soul to heaven or if the Good Lord was to busy and sent some other hot source to take him away…That kind of stuff if not for us or me to know but I do know this if you are reading this, you have time to get your life in order, that is if you don’t already…If you think you are in good standing with salvation, then, now may be the time for you to get busy trying to help some other poor soul find Jesus…It could be one of your family members, or may its some old friend that you need to talk to…Who ever it is, if they are alive and breathing, then, they might have plenty of time…But the truth is we don’t have any time to waste…

“I’ve got plenty of time”! Really!!

The book of James in the Bible reminds us that our life is truly, very short…
James, who was the half brother of Jesus tells us, (“What is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” James 4:14)

You may think there’s plenty of time, but God says differently…To one who thought he had it made for years, Jesus Christ said, (“Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee.” Luke 12:20)

Later in that same chapter, He warns us all…and I mean all…”Be ye therefore ready also; for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.” Luke 12:40)

The day my friend and the other man died, they really had no idea what was ahead of them…One second they were having a good ole time and then, in the blink of an eye they were gone, somewhere!!

A good word of warning comes to all of us from the prophet Amos…”prepare to meet thy God.” Amos 4:12)

As I have studied and grown in my Christian walk, I have learned a great deal…One thing I have learned is that there is no way I can figure all this stuff out…I mean, life, pain, confusion, depression and hundreds more things like that…but one thing I do know, and it is the Lord Jesus as my Savior…The Bible speaks of only One way to be prepared to meet God, and that is to be SAVED! (“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12)

SAVED!!! FROM WHAT???Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him…Romans 5:9)

The wrath of God is God’s punishment for sin and includes both separation from God in this life and eternal damnation in the fires of Hell…

Now I run into people all the time that tell me, they don’t believe in hell, and my comment back to them is that you don’t have to believe in hell to go there…If you know anything of the words of Jesus you know that he talked about hell more than he talked about heaven…and if you believe His words, He simple terms, He says wide is the road that leads to destruction and many be there that go down that road, but narrow is the road that leads to eternal life with Him and few find it…that may not be exactly how He said it, but it is close enough… to me this means that more are going to hell than heaven…All I know is that the Bible tells me we must be saved!!!

SAVED BY WHOM!!!
For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved…” John 3:17

The Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, who died for our sins and rose, again, is the only one who can save from sin…

SAVED HOW!!!
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God…” Ephesians 2:8)

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved…” Romans 10:3

Man seeks to reach God through religion, good works, and sincerity, but God has already reached out to man through Christ…One is saved when he rejects his own efforts, turns from sin, and embraces Jesus Christ in Faith…

SAVED WHEN???

Behold now is the day of salvation…(2nd Corinthians 6:2)
Many people have been turned off by all the traditional church stuff, such as walking down the isle to receive salvation…the truth is that you don’t have to walk anywhere to be saved, all it takes is a heart that accepts the price Jesus paid for your sins…Accept the payment, turn from yours sins to Jesus, call on His name from the bottom of your heart for the salvation that He offers…He paid it all, we just have to call and He will answer…

A person is saved by confessing to God that he has sinned and receiving Jesus Christ into his heart as Lord and Savior.

Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to miss the full and total wrath of God…Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me…

You might say, “I’ve got plenty of time” but do you?

Robert N. Graves, Sr. fisherman for Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home