Monday, September 04, 2006

Tell The Story

I counted dollars while God counted crosses.
I counted gains while He counted losses.
I counted by worth by the things gained and stored.
But Jesus sized me up by the scars that He bore.
I only coveted honors and sought just to please.
He wept as He counted the hours on my knees.
I never knew until one day standing by the grave.
How vain are the things that we spend life to save.
I did not know until my loved one went on to be above.
That the richest one is he who's rich in God’s love.

I had searched and prodded, looking only for gain.
But truly all I had found was loneliness and pain.

I had gained a great deal of money and stuff I could touch,
But as I looked upon the grave site, I realized it wasn’t much.

The things that are important are the people in your life,
Your sons and your daughters; your friends and your wife;

So I want to tell the story of my Jesus and His love,
Because through Him is prepared a place for us above.

Down here is just short time and places made to roam,
But surely this great Heaven is our final resting home.

All this I hope you consider as you get up and start your day,
As Jesus did in the garden, remember to fall down and pray!

Pray for all the children who do not know He’s there,
Pray for all the others who are troubled every where!

Pray that they find Jesus who is the leader of our world,
Pray that you can reveal this to every boy and every girl.

Because truly only Jesus can please us!


Robert N. Graves, Sr.





3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Alright, alright! Good one! Thanks for sharing! Luv ya!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AGAIN AS I READ YOUR POEM I AM REMINDED OF WHAT IS IMPORTANT AND WHAT IS NOT. THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR GIFTS. KEEP ON SHARING AND I WILL KEEP ON SINGING!

DUB U K.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home