Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Secret of Gratitude

I just want to say thanks for the many great comments that have been posted on this site. Also, thanks for the phone calls and cards of gratitude.

I have been really busy and have not been able to post very much as of late because when I am not working on this I am working on that if you know what that is!

Monday night I had the honor of speaking for God in a church in Ridgland S.C.
It was the "Great Swamp Baptist Church. I spoke to the botherhood of this church and it was great. Many men were there and we had supper and then I was honored to say whatever it was that God had installed in and on my heart.

I shared my testimony. It was just what these guys needed to hear.

A personal testimony is a powerful thing. We all have one, they are all different and God has put us through what we have gone through so we can each have a different kind of testimony.

The world is full of men and women who have a great testimony and there is such awesome power in the words that come from their life story.
What is you story?
I know you have one!
There is someone out there just waiting to hear what your story has to say to them. So do not be afraid to share. There is great gospel power in the story of your life so, be brave and share it with someone.
Just as there is power in testimony, there is also power in "Gratitude."
Here is a little story to help you see the light a little better.
In Vermont a farmer was sitting on the porch with his wife. He was beginning to realize how much she meant to him. It was about time---for they had been married for forty-two years, and she had been such a help, and a very willing worker.
One day as they sat together, he said, "Wife, you've been such a wonderful woman that there are times I can hardly keep from telling you."
So here we go! Think about this right now! Do you know someone that has meant a lot to you. Do you know someone who is there for you no matter what the problem is. Maybe that person is there even if there is not a problem, maybe their there just because.
Is there someone you need to call just to say thanks or maybe tell them how much you appriciate them or how much you love them? May be you need to call your mother or dad just to let them know you are thinking about them.
Maybe you need to call your kids and kids maybe you need to call your parents to let them know you care!!
I know you can think of somebody right now that you want to say thanks to. Just take a couple minutes to call them or send them and email or write a little note so that they will know you care!
I grant you there is power in gratitude. Just try it and see, Jesus did!!
Tell someone you love them and you will be rewarded in many ways, Just try it:
Better yet, maybe it would be even more touching if you would just take the time to show that special someone just how much you love them.
I dare you!!
Thanks.
Robert N. Graves, Sr.
Fisherman for Christ.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great post Daddy Graves. Moving in fast pace of day to day life we "all" tend to forget or overlook gratitude. "Thank You" for the reminder.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Now isn't that something! I just sent an email to a few people letting them know just how much they mean to me and how much I appreciate them. (Oh, you didn't get that email? Hmmm.... Must have been a computer glitch! HeHeHe!) Ahhhh, you know I luv ya!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and am so proud of you! We are God's voice and by simply showing someone we care, we are speaking for Him. Love this post! G Mom

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home