Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Giving Up and Letting Go!!

Giving Up and Letting Go!

Here are some helps for today.

When things get rough and the going is tough, we often give up. Sometimes we can be so close to victory, but we give up not knowing the battle was almost won.

We must stick to the battle when we are hardest hit.
Its then most defiantly that we must not quit.

There is a big difference between, "Giving up" and "Letting Go."

Giving up and Letting Go!!
"Giving up implies a struggle---
Letting go implies a partnership.
Giving up dreads the future--
Letting go looks forward to the future.
Giving up lives out of fear---
Letting go lives out of grace and trust.
Giving up is a defeat--
Letting go is a victory.
Giving up is unwillingly yielding control
to forces beyond myself--
Letting go is choosing to yield to forces beyond myself.
Giving up believes that God cannot help--
Letting go trust in God to care and to carry!!" (By Hank Dunn)
So here is the deal, instead of "Giving up" "Let Go and Let God."
Letting go to God has great benefits.
1) Because God is a personal spirit...I will let go to Him and seek intimate fellowship with Him.
2) Because God is all-powerful...He can help me with anything.
3) Because God is ever- present...He is always with me.
4) Because God knows everything...I will go to Him with all my questions and concerns. (Let Go to God)
5) Because God is sovereign...I will joyfully submit to His will. (Let go of my will and give it to Him)
6) Because God is holy...I will devote myself to Him in purity, worship and service.
7) Because God is absolute truth...I will believe what He says and live accordingly. (Let go of myself and trust Him.)
8) Because God is righteous...I will live by His standards.
9) Because God is just...He will always treat me fairly.
10) Because God is love...He is unconditionally committed to my well-being.
11) Because God is merciful...He forgives me of my sins when I sincerely confess them. (1st John 1:9)
12) Because God is faithful...I will trust Him to always keep His promises.
13) Because God never changes...My future is secure and eternal.
Wow, after seeing all these good things that God is and can do, I will seek Him and follow Him in all that I do. I hope you do the same.
Thanks.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I will never let go or give up on my Bernie! I truly believe that God is good and He will always be right beside him through his troubles. He will show Bernie the way.

You see, everything I think about or write about.... always comes back to Bernie. What's up with that?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Fisherman For Christ said...

Hi Sandy, Well, what is up about that? I quess you are in love with Bernie. Sometimes love is confusing isn't it? I don't have all the answers but one thing I do know, a committment to the Lord is nessassary before we can find peace and joy in our relationships and life in general.

Love Bobby Sr.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

WOW!!! I came over to welcome you to blogdom (from your daughter's blog)...and you blew me away with this post! It is powerful! May I link this post on my blog---Partners in Prayer for Our Prodigals? Surrendering is such a key issue relating to parents who are standing in the gap for their lost loved one! And your post explains the difference like nothing else I've read! And I've read quite alot!

I'm earmarking your blog--I'll be back!

P.S. Stop by my blog--for a party! We're having the first ever WELCOME HOME party for Dawn's son--God is SO good!

Diane

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home