Friday, December 18, 2009

LISTEN TO GOOD ADVICE

TEXT: 1st Samuel 25:32-33, Then David said to Abigal, "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, who sent you this day to me, and blessed be you who have kept me this day from bloodshed and from avenging myself by my own hand..."
As I read this passage, my mine researched memories of my mother...My mother gave me a lot of advice when I was growing up...Unfortunately, I let most of it go in one ear and out the other...I made plenty of decisions I would later come to regret...How much simpler and less hectic my life would have been if only I had listened to her advice...
As was true with King David, seeking out godly people as our friends and companions is vital to our Christian walks...They are often able to view a situation in a different light than we are and can offer advice based on God's wisdom rather than self-interest...They can help keep us from doing things we might later regret...
Along with the counsel of godly friends, I have found that nothing helps me stay on an even keel more than being in God's Word on a daily basis...Time spent with God can, and should, become the highlight of our days...
Almighty God, thank you for sending godly people into my life to counsel me, and thank You for the wisdom contained within Your Word...but through it all, give me the wisdom to checkout the advice given me by man, with the knowledge that comes from You and Your Word...
Robert N. Graves, Sr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home