Monday, January 12, 2009

TREMBLING AT GOD'S WORD!

Isaiah 66:2 b, But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word…

Do you tremble when God speaks? When was the last time you were physically affected by the reality that almighty God just spoke directly to you? If I can be allowed to guess, I would say never…

Many people want the power of God in their life, but do not go to the source of that power, which is “God’s Word…”

I want to say to whom ever reads this message, that if you want God’s power alive and active in your life, you must go to the front line of that power and walk into it by faith…

Many times in my own pilgrimage on the road of life, I have been touched and weakened by the Word of God…Through reading the Word, it has brought me to the stark reality, of just how small and sinful I really am… It has helped me change direction even when I already thought I was on the right road…It has helped me out of the darkness even when I thought I was already walking in the light…

Has God’s Word ever made you tremble…?

John lost all physical strength when God spoke directly to him, (Rev. 1:17); Paul fell to the ground when Christ met him on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:4); Moses trembled when God spoke to him (Acts 7:32); and Peter, when he realized who Jesus was, “Fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, ‘Depart from me for I am a sinful man, O Lord!’” (Luke 5:8)…

Have you lost your sense of awe that the Creator still wants to speak to you, His creation? Do you approach the reading of your Bible with a holy expectation, listening for the life-changing words that God has for you that day? Scripture says that, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10)…

Often, as I study my Bible, I feel a sense that God has something to say directly to me through the verses I am reading…So, as you read, take a moment to think about the overwhelming reality that the God who spoke and created a universe wants to speak to you…

Listen, if Jesus could speak and raise the dead, calm a storm, cast out demons, and heal the incurable, then what effect might a word from Him have on your life?

The possibilities should cause you to tremble!
The next time you open God’s Word, do so with a sense of holy anticipation…
The great reservoir of the power that belongs to God is His own Word the Bible… If we wish to make it ours, we must go to that Book and indulge there in!…
Men are longing to have power for fruit-bearing in their own lives and yet forget that Jesus has said: "The seed is the word of God" (Luke 8:11)...
They are longing to have power to melt the cold heart and break the stubborn will, and yet forget that God has said: "Is not my word like as a fire?... and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" (Jer. 23:29).
Thanks... stay in the Word, take time to be quiet and remember, obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes of of Jesus…and you must let God manage you before you can lead anyone else
Rev. Robert N. Graves, Sr. Fisherman for Christ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home